This salad is quite frankly a jaw-dropper. It has just about everything but the kitchen sink and is a meal in itself. It’s perfect for warm late summer, fall evenings and a healthy start to football season.
You can change out toppings per your preference. Really the concept is to make it colorful and plentiful. The secret to this salad’s success is the incredible lime dressing that is easy to make and so delicious.
You will need:
- A Ginormous Platter. The bigger the bettter.
- 2 bags of pre-washed and prepped Romaine lettuce
- 3 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chilled
- Diced red pepper
- Bag of sweet frozen corn, or cut fresh sweet corn if available (1-2 medium)
- Black beans ( make your own )
- Feta Cheese
- Shredded Carrots
- Stir fry frozen shrimp *deveined and tail off in olive oil and lemon. Salt, pepper and cayenne in pan. Can chill, or put on salad hot. Up to your schedule and convenience.
- Cilantro or a creamy dressing to drizzle on the black beans (optional)
- Lime Dressing! (Recipe below)
Bring this beauty to a party and then mix it up fresh when everyone is ready to eat. I bring the lime dressing in a separate tupperware container and put it on when I’m ready to get mixing.
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- juice from 2 limes
- zest from 2 limes
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until the oil and vinegar have blended together. You’ll know it’s ready when the color becomes uniform and cloudy in color.
Wine pairing suggestion – Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc