You Will Need:
- 1 medium white or yellow onion diced up
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 small Granny Smith green apples – reserve 1/2 an apple to cut thin slices for garnish.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 5 sprigs of Thyme (shed leaves)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream or non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Tumeric for seasoning
How to Prepare:
Melt butter in a pot and add in onions. Let onions cook until they start to become translucent.
Add in sweet potatoes, apple, salt and vegetable broth.
Simmer for 5 minutes. Add fresh thyme and allspice.
When potatoes are soft to push a fork through, turn off heat and add everything to a food processor.
Blend until smooth. Transfer hot soup mixture back to pot and stir in one cup of milk.
You may season additionally.
Serve with thin slices of green apple and a dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle turmeric on top of sour cream.