I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
I was so excited to sample the Once Again Organic Amore Almond Spread, as I’m a huge fan of their organic chocolate hazelnut spread. The almond cocoa variety is smooth and delicious and is perfect with a little fruit. Nut butter and fruit seem to go hand in hand, but add a little cocoa to it and GAH – it’s irresistible!
In addition to the Once Again Organic Amore Almond Spread, I was sent the full Once Again nut butter line in an adorable retro metal lunch box! I can’t wait to try the various nut butters and even make my own hummus with the organic tahini! Once Again Nut Butters are a staple in my pantry because they are pure and natural. They are also sustainably made, non-GMO and certified organic!
They are proud to toot their horn when it comes to Fair Trade, as they belong to the Honest In Trade program – and not many nut butter companies can say that, especially with such a huge variety of offerings.
I am trying to reduce sugar consumption in our household, so I loved making these Chocolate Almond Quick Muffins. The Once Again Organic Amore Almond Spread is sweet (organic sugar), so I simply reduced my sugar addition to this muffins – Stevia would be a great choice to also further reduce the sugar down. Almonds are naturally high in protein, so it’s a great ingredient to add to treats that taste decadent.
Chocolate Almond Butter Quick muffins – Makes 12
I used organic ingredients
- A handful of chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Beat milk, peanut butter, and eggs in another bowl; stir into the flour mixture, mixing until batter is well blended.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Top with 3 chocolate chips on each muffin.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. (Do the toothpick test to make sure batter is fully cooked and a toothpick comes out clean)
Serve warm and enjoy! They only take about 20 minutes to make, so they are a fun afterschool treat or for yourself when the kids GO to school. 🙂