If I could put a note to my younger self, send it in a little time machine, and have it magically pop up in my 20s, this is what it would say – USE FACIAL OILS.
As a youngish 20-something, I remember working with a woman in her 50s who had beautiful hydrated glowing skin. She told me she used facial oils and I remember thinking how I would absolutely break out into a pimply mess if I tried that. So here I am now, many moons later, with dehydrated winter skin. And, yes – it’s been VERY cold in California this year which is just adding to the skincare misery.
The ONLY thing that actually works and keeps my skin hydrated all day and night are facial oils. (Facepalm to my former self) Facial oils are best used after washing skin or getting out of the shower as they readily soak in better and you don’t need much. A little will go a long way. Sometimes I’ll even blend a little facial oils with my daily sunscreen to just do an all in one. That works really great and guess what – No breakouts! If anything, my skin has been clearer, most likely because skin that is dehydrated can get clogged faster with dirt and bacteria. Skin that is hydrated and breathes is SO much healthier!
Now that I’ve started on my facial oil regimen I’m learning that there are actually SPECIFIC Natural Healing facial oils to use for different parts of the face. There’s eye serum oil, neck oil, nighttime use oil, and so on!
There are many benefits to using facial oils. Here are a few:
- They can help to moisturize and hydrate the skin. Facial oils can help to trap moisture in the skin, which can help to keep it hydrated and prevent it from drying out.
- They can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and age spots. Facial oils can help to improve the elasticity of the skin, which can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
- They can help to even out skin tone and complexion. Facial oils can help to reduce the appearance of redness, blemishes, and other skin imperfections.
- They can help to soothe and protect the skin. Facial oils can help to soothe and protect the skin from environmental damage, such as pollution and sun exposure.
- They can help to reduce the appearance of pores. Facial oils can help to reduce the appearance of pores by filling them in and making them less visible.
- They can help to improve the appearance of hair. Facial oils can help to moisturize and protect hair, making it look shiny and healthy.
Here are the ones I’ve tried and here’s how you can get them too.
Eye Serum Oil
- All natural. Formulated using pure plant extracts* & made in the USA
Simply Face Oil
- Promotes clear and lustrous skin*
- Nourish, moisturize and improve skin elasticity*
All of the Healing Natural Oils that I’ve been using smell amazing, by the way. I feel like I’m in a spa every time I put them on!