If you’re looking for a new and fun tasty broccoli recipe, this is it! Blanching broccoli will keep it crunchy, yet bright green. The addition of diced apricots lends a little sweetness to the ginger dressing with vinegar and sesame oil. You can throw this together in less than 20 minutes and it holds up well as a make-ahead salad.
You Will Need:
- 1 large head of broccoli, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 8 dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
Dressing (whisk together)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon finely diced fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
How to Prepare:
Boil water in a large pot. Blanche broccoli for 3 minutes and strain. Run under cool water.
Shake broccoli in a strainer and put into a large salad bowl. Mix with the remaining ingredients and dressing.