Check out this delicious chunky side salad, perfect for a warm summer night! Serve with hearty tortilla chips.
You Will Need:
- 1 cup peeled, diced sweet potato (1 small sweet potato)
- 4 avocados, seeded, peeled, and diced
- ½ cup finely chopped dried apricots (unsulfured)
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, simmer sweet potato in salted water until tender, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, strain, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, apricots, salsa, lime juice, oil, and cumin. Gently fold in sweet potato, cilantro, and salt. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
PER SERVING (½ cup): 127 cal, 9g fat (6g mono, 1g poly, 1g sat), 0mg chol, 366mg sodium, 12g carb (4g fiber,
4g sugars), 2g protein
Published with permission from New Hope Blogger.