I went over to a family member’s house the other day only to be greeted with, “SHUT THE DOOR!” They are the proud owner of a ‘runner’. Although their pup is very happy and loves his home, he has the tendency to bolt out the door when the opportunity arises. He often doesn’t go far, but should he accidentally get out, he may wander a few blocks away, which is stress-inducing for any pet owner!
I started researching ways that my family could track their dog in the case of an escape, and here are the products that I found on Amazon that can help you find your lost dog. Some of the best include:
- Apple AirTags: These small, lightweight trackers can be attached to your dog’s collar and use Bluetooth to track their location. You can then use the Find My app on your iPhone to see where your dog is.
FitBark GPS Dog Tracker 2nd Gen This GPS tracker is designed specifically for dogs. It uses cellular networks to track your dog’s location, and you can get real-time updates on its whereabouts. They also have a 40% off coupon right now!
- PETFON Pet GPS Tracker: This GPS tracker is also designed specifically for dogs. It uses GPS and Wi-Fi to track your dog’s location, and you can get real-time updates on their whereabouts. There’s no monthly fee either.
- Cube Real Time GPS Dog & Cat Tracker: This GPS tracker is a good option for larger dogs. It uses GPS and cellular networks to track your dog’s location, and you can get real-time updates on its whereabouts. This does have a monthly subscription fee.
- Tractive Waterproof GPS Dog Tracker: This GPS tracker is a good option for small dogs, large dogs & even cats. It’s also waterproof if you have a pet that likes to go take an adventurous swim in the lake or bay. It uses GPS and cellular networks to track your dog’s location, and you can get real-time updates on its whereabouts. This has a monthly subscription fee.
When choosing a product to help find your lost dog, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Size: Make sure the product is the right size for your dog. You don’t want it to be too big and uncomfortable for them to wear, but you also don’t want it to be too small and fall off.
- Weight: Make sure the product is lightweight so it doesn’t weigh your dog down.
- Durability: Make sure the product is durable enough to withstand the elements and your dog’s playing.
- Features: Consider the features that are important to you. Some products have features like two-way audio, so you can talk to your dog through the tracker, or a built-in light so you can find your dog in the dark.
- Price: GPS trackers can range in price from around $20 to over $200. Choose a product that fits your budget.
No matter which product you choose, make sure you practice using it before your dog gets lost. This will help you be prepared if the worst happens!
Please note that I may receive a small fee if you purchase a pet tracking device through my links. Thanks for supporting my blog!