It’s a mixture of cereal, walnuts, cottage cheese, eggs & onion mix that comes together into something that is so addicting, even meat lovers will be having seconds and thirds.
Here’s the nitty gritty:
Get out a large mixing bowl and mix:
- 4 eggs, beaten ( I do these first so I can check for egg shells - not that I would EVER drop any shells in the bowl).
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese - use any variety you'd like.
- 1?4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ANY dry onion soup mix - Lipton works GREAT and is always easy to find. I must of stocked up last year because my supply is endless. Want some?
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts - or leave our if you don't like nuts, but they add a lovely texture to the overall loaf.
- 1 white or yellow onion chopped finely
- 2-2 1?2 cups corn flakes (I use Corn Flakes but Special K also works great. If you use Corn Flakes, your loaf will be lighter. If you want a darker color, user Special K)
- Grease or spray one glass bread loaf pan. Glass works better than metal for this loaf. But, use metal if that is all you have.
- Pack the mixture in the pan and pat down. You don't want big air gaps inside.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 minutes. When you take it out of the oven you shoudn't see any wet spots of pools of liquid on top. It should be firm (springy) to the touch. If it's still soft, put back in for another 5-10 minutes.