Large chunks of sweet mango mellow out the spice from the chili peppers in a gorgeous orange red salsa flavor combination.
I’ve created an easy appetizer recipe that can be ready in less than an hour for your ‘summer celebrating’ guests to enjoy.
Spicy & Sweet Summer Salsa Bites
with LA VICTORIA® Habanero Mango Salsa
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar of of LA VICTORIA® Brand Mango Habanero Salsa (3/4 cup in recipe preparation & additional needed for topping)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk cream cheese and egg in mixer until smooth.
3. Slowing mix in salsa and shredded cheese.
4. Generously spray a mini-muffin pan with vegetable spray or use oilve oil oil to grease muffin cups.
5. Fill muffin cups and bake 15-18 minutes or until firm.
6. Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
7. Remove from and cool on a baking rack.
8. Spread tops of cooled bites with a small amount of sour cream and add cilantro leaves for garnish. I used a piping bag to put sour cream on as I had better control when putting it on!
Makes 24 servings. You can make two batches with the one jar of LA VICTORIA® Brand Mango Habanero Salsa. If you want to spice these bites up even more, simply put more salsa on top of the sour cream.
These are delicious served room temperature or chilled! You do not want to warm them up because the sourcream will run.