This is a fun salad presentation! Let guests serve themselves from a center table salad display. Salad dressing makes great use of all those leftover squashes from holiday meals as well!
You Will Need:
- 1 large butternut squash(peel and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Fresh greens (spinach, purple kale, arugula)
- Fennel (thinly sliced)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Dried cranberries
- Toasted walnuts
- Crumbled feta
- Leftover shredded turkey (for the meat-eaters!)
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Toss squash with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and dash of salt and black pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, blend 1 cup cooled squash (serve remaining squash as salad topping), remaining 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, smoked paprika and salt until smooth.
- Dressing will be thick, so add a little water, ¼ cup at a time, until dressing is desired consistency.
Cover table with butcher paper, arrange ingredients as an edible centerpiece and just add tongs!