Baby wipes are known for being the perfect quick self-cleaning solution when running water is not available. However, no one I know really likes smelling like a baby, except for maybe a baby, and do they even get a say in the matter?
The quest for the perfect wipe started by a contractor named Robert J. Delaney, III at a construction site in New Orleans. After observing a co-worker toting around a tub of baby wipes on site, Robert decided that wipes were indeed a great way to feel fresh fast. After all, who wouldn’t want a little sanitary relief in a muggy, hot and dirty work environment!
Fast forward to 2008, and Robert J. Delaney, III set out to perfect a flushable wipe concept that would be effective, natural and best of all, biodegradable. Delaney’s first concept was Bob’s Butt Wipes. It’s not a name that you’ll likely forget, so I give it an A+ for branding. Clearly, these were targeted for men, useful on the job at a construction site, camping, hiking or even golfing. Handy little wipes from a sealable dispenser that would be gentle enough to clean place you need a wipe, from your face to your feet and everywhere in between! Soon Moms & Kids wanted in on the natural biodegradable wipe action!
If you have ever potty trained a child, you know it can be a challenge and often take months. Kids are mainly focused on deciding if they have to go to the bathroom or not and if they have TIME to get to a toilet. After nailing the correct location (the toilet), young children will sometimes forgo the wiping process because let’s face it, they had a success and they’re ready to move on. This often means more parental cleanup afterward. Cue the Lil’ Booty’s Adventure Wipes – these are just the ticket for novice potty users in training!
The wipes targeted for young children are also plumbing/septic safe and are gentle for small children. This toddler-friendly concept also includes stickers and tattoos with every dispenser to help motivate little people to have clean lil’ booties! Go potty in a toilet, use a wipe, flush AND THEN get a reward – what’s not to like about that!
Mastered the Potty?
No problem – the very innocuous BouDe dispenser was created for EVERY bathroom. The dispenser conveniently hands from your existing toilet paper roll holder, so guests may have a choice of wipes. Regular paper or soothing clean and refreshing BouDe wipes! Wow – this house is fancy! The BouDe dispenser includes 1 Hanging Dispenser (White) and 1 pack of 42-count wipes. Refills are of course available, so you may re-use the dispenser itself over and over.
The BouDe & Bob’s Butt Wipes are also now available as individual packet wipes too. I can (sadly) remember when I really had to go to the bathroom while hiking in the middle of nowhere and had to improvise with tissues that were flaky and falling apart. Yuck! What a nightmare! I would have been better off using a wad of pine needles!
Besides the obvious bathroom application, these wipes are great for just feeling fresh – they may be used all over the body for a quick and safe clean up. All of Delaney’s products are completely biodegradable, flushable and sewer and septic safe. They smell fresh, no funky greasy sticky baby oil and they even contain aloe which is soothing to the skin. They’re awesome for quick makeup removal as well while traveling!
I met the team behind the clean behinds at the recent Expo West Natural Products Show in Anaheim. In order to have a booth, you must have a natural product, and the attendees are VERY serious about natural products and their impact on the planet. Products should not only be Natural and Gluten-Free (I jest – but isn’t just about everything Gluten-Free now?), but also leave a soft footprint on the earth. The BouDe Wipes, Bob’s Butt Wipes and Lil’ Booty’s Adventure Wipes fire on all cylinders in the natural and biodegradable department!
Here’s additional information on the products and ingredients:
Flushable Wipes (all products, including ToGo Wipes):
- De-ionized water – Water that has been treated to remove any and all impurities and make it suitable for use. This includes the removal of metals that are commonly found in water.
- Phenoxyethanol – Preservative that kills bacteria, mold, fungus, and other microbes. **Products that contain water need to be preserved so they don’t grow harmful organisms that can make you very sick**
- Sodium Benzoate – All natural preservative commonly found in fruits and vegetables. Especially berries. This preservative is used is most all foods, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals due to it being an all natural agent.
- Potassium Sorbate – Preservative that kills bacteria, mold, fungus, and other microbes. **Products that contain water need to be preserved so they don’t grow harmful organisms that can make you very sick**
- Decyl Glucoside – This is a very popular all natural ingredient these days. Makes the product biodegradable when used in the correct mixture. Also an emulsifier that helps the water and oil ingredients blend together. Derived from corn and coconuts. Also acts as a gentle, all natural cleanser.
- Propylene Glycol – An organic compound that helps the product to not freeze when in cold climates or when being stored outside.
- Polysorbate 20 – An emulsifying agent. Makes it possible for the oils to mix with the water.
- EDTA Disodium – This is a water softener and is used so that the water does not end up drying your skin out. Instead, it helps hold in the moisturizing capabilities of the aloe.
- Citric Acid – This is used as a detergent to assist in cleaning.
- Calendula Officinallis Extract – The Marigold flower extract is used to moisturize the skin.
- Aloe Baradensis Leaf Extract – Aloe extract is used to soothe the skin and also acts as an anti-inflammatory.
Summer is coming, which means things are about to get hot, sticky and messy! Grab some dispensers for home use and a bunch of to-go packets for your summer travels and feel good about using products that are good for you, your family and our planet.
All of the Biodegradable Natural Wipes are for sale at the Sterling Global website, or on Amazon with many Prime shipping options.