Summer means a bounty of fresh peppers and corn on the cob. This is a quick salad to make, but will need time to chill. Using fresh summer shishito peppers, this salad will have a kick – or will it? They say 1 out of 10 shishito peppers are spicy HOT, so you never know what you’re going to get! Sweet red peppers and sweet corn help offset the spiciness and the lime juice as a fresh zing.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups Shishito peppers
- 1 fresh sweet corn on the cob ear (cut corn off cob)
- 1 cup red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 fresh lime juiced
1. Heat oil on medium heat in pan.
2. Drop Shishito peppers into pan. Sautee and stir until peppers blister. Add salt.
3. Add red peppers and corn. You only want to sweat the corn and red peppers, so only leave on for 2-3 minutes max.
4. Remove from heat and put in a glass bowl. Cool in refrigerator.
5. Squeeze fresh lime juice and sprinkle with maldon salt to taste before serving.