Beet Sabji is a delicious vegetarian recipe that is healthy, colorful and a crowd pleaser. The Indian spice combos of tumeric, ginger and cumin really jazz up the vegetables. Excellent dish to prepare in advance and serve at a lunch or dinner party.
You will Need:
- Diced carrots, yellow beets, daikon & chopped chard
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Tumeric, Ginger, Cumin, Salt, Coriander, Cilantro to taste
How to Prepare:
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Stir-fry carrots, beets and daikon pieces for 1 minute; then cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover, stir and test for tenderness. Cook up to another 5 minutes, if needed.
- When vegetables are almost softened to desired texture, add dark greens, cover and sauté until greens start to wilt.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is hot but not smoking, reduce heat and add turmeric, ginger and cumin seeds. Heat until cumin seeds turn brown. Stir in coriander.
- Toss oil mixture with vegetables. Stir in salt and cilantro. Serve Sabji in bowls garnished with chutney if you have some!
PER SERVING (about 1 cup): 143 cal, 4g fat (1g mono, 0g poly, 3g sat), 10mg chol, 171mg sodium, 25g carb (8g fiber, 12g sugars), 3g protein