I have a neighbor who planted mostly pollinator friendly plants in her front yard, and it’s a joy to walk by her house. There’s always an assortment of happy butterflies and bees floating about and besides being very pretty, it…
It’s time to seek out personal care products that nourish not just our bodies—but also our planet. Luckily, more and more personal care companies are committing to producing cleaner, safer cosmetics that support health and sustainability.
In the spirit of the summer pepper season, I decided to bring a little heat to basic chunky corn fritters with fresh jalapeno. If you like a lot of spice, simply leave more jalapeno seeds in this recipe.
I used a pre-roasted frozen corn from Trader Joes, but regular corn (or even better – fresh sweet corn!) would work great.
You Will Need:
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of corn
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 diced jalapeno (leave seeds if you want it very spicy)
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red paper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
How to Prepare:
Mix all ingredients until well covered into a lumpy batter.
In a large pan, heat on medium-high 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Add 3 large spoonfuls of batter and tamper down to slightly flatten.
Adjust heat as needed. You want these to crisp up on each side, but not burn.
Flip when solid and slightly browned on one side. (about 2-3 minutes)
Cook for another 2-3 minutes and serve with fresh sour cream and/or pico de gallo.
You may make these in advance and reheat in the oven for appetizers!
This recipe makes 9 good sized fritters.
Make a refreshing drink at your next party with this icy citrus berry combo. For an adult twist, spike these slushies with a shot of tequila, vodka or rum.
- In a blender, combine grapefruit juice, orange juice, soda water and agave; blend for a few seconds to combine.
- Before adding ice to blender, prepare highball glasses by muddling six blackberries in the bottom of each glass until fruit is jammy.
- Add ice cubes to blender mixture, and blend until a slushy consistency forms.
- Pour slushy over blackberries, and garnish with a lime slice and mint sprig.
PER SERVING (6 ounces): 45 cal, 0g fat, 0mg chol, 0mg sodium, 11g carb (2g fiber, 9g sugars), 1g protein
With permission from New Hope Blogger at Delicious Living
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadeProbiotics #CollectiveBias I recently went on a road trip to beautiful Oregon with my family and between the long hours of driving, hiking and dining out, my body started […]